Writing Refresh: Structure, Substance, and Style
Jessica R. Dreistadt, Ph.D.
Most of us have to write as part of the work that we do – whether it's sending an email, preparing a report, or taking notes at a meeting.
This book is for you if you:
- love to talk but hate to write
- forget some of the 'writing rules' that you learned in school
- want to polish and perfect your writing so it is more clear, eloquent, and transformative
Writing Refresh will guide you through the art and science of writing to develop your knowledge, skills, and confidence as a writer. It includes:
- Organizing to write
- Defining your audience and finding your voice as a writer
- Grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization reminders
- Proofreading tips
- Elements of a great story
- More than 50 fun exercises to practice writing to inform, persuade, and entertain
- Writing resources